Now THAT’S wearable tech! Onesie comes with built-in Wi-Fi (but you won’t be able to wash it)
- The BB.Suit is made of copper woven within layers of cotton thread
- These wires can be connected to chips including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS
- Batteries and processors are hidden inside built-in pockets on the onesie
- Dutch designer Borre Akkersdijk demonstrated the suit at this year’s SXSW
- He is now working with tech firms to develop the product further
- There are no immediate plans to launch the garments commercially
Forget smartwatches and Google Glass, you can now turn yourself into a walking Wi-Fi hotspot with this high-tech onesie.
The BB.Suit is built using a mix between a circular knitting machine and 3D printer in which copper wire is woven inside layers of cotton.
This wire is then connected to Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS chips built into the fabric, while batteries and processors are hidden inside built-in pockets.